1906 - Croatian library and Society for savings and loans (economic cooperative) was opened.
1907 - Cooperative steam-powered mill was opened.
1919 - Žminj had 5 169 inhabitants.
1928 - A bus passed through Žminj, driving between Trieste and Pula and vice versa (stop at St. Bartholomew's Church).
1929 - Electrification process was started.
1936 - First cinema was opened.
1943 - Žminj's old town was destroyed by bombing during World War II.
On 7th of May 1945 Žminj was liberated by the partisans.
1953 - Eight-year primary school was opened.
1955 - Žminj’s water supply was opened.
1955 - 1957 Old Croatian cemetery was thoroughly researched.
1958 – Old Slavic liturgy was restored.
8th of June 1969 – Assembly of Chakavian Poetry was founded in Žminj.
1977 – Current building of Žminj Municipality was opened.
1986 – First textile factory was opened.
1993 - Žminj became an independent municipality.
1999 – Chakavian House was opened, the seat of the Chakavian Assembly.